Search using a saved search preference or by selecting one or more content areas and grade levels to view standards, related Eligible Content, assessments, and materials and resources.
Limit your search to no more than three grades, subjects, or courses, and ensure that you have selected at least one grade and subject or one course.
English Language Arts
- Standard Area - CC.1.3: Reading Literature: Students read and respond to works of literature - with emphasis on comprehension, making connections among ideas and between texts with focus on textual evidence.
- Grade Level - CC.1.3.9-10: GRADES 9-10
Read and comprehend literary fiction on grade level, reading independently and proficiently.
Assessment Anchor - L.N.2
Analyzing and interpreting literature—Nonfiction
Anchor Descriptor - L.N.2.3 Use appropriate strategies to compare, analyze, and evaluate literary elements.
Eligible Content - L.N.2.3.5
Explain, interpret, compare, describe, analyze, and/or evaluate voice, tone, style, and mood in a variety of nonfiction:
- the relationship between the tone, style, and/or mood and other components of the text
- how voice and choice of speaker (narrator) affect the mood, tone, and/or meaning of the text
- how diction, syntax, figurative language, sentence variety, etc., determine the author’s style