Standards Aligned System 2012 - 2013
21st Century Teaching Tools
The Standards Aligned System (SAS), developed by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, is a comprehensive, researched-based resource to improve student achievement. SAS identifies six elements that impact student achievement: Standards, Assessments, Curriculum Framework, Instruction, Materials & Resources, and Safe and Supportive Schools. Schools and educators across Pennsylvania are supported in their efforts to implement SAS by the development of a state-of-the-art portal.
The SAS portal is designed to organize and deliver educational content carefully aligned to the Pennsylvania Academic and Core Standards and provide educators with integrated classroom tools to enhance their teaching effectiveness. The SAS portal also provides Pennsylvania educators with leading edge networking technologies that create opportunities to communicate and collaborate with peers across the Commonwealth.
The SAS portal includes important educational resources and information needed by educators to enhance daily practice.
- Searchable databases of all Pennsylvania Academic and Core Standards and Assessment Anchors
- An assessment creator, as well as information on state exams and graduation requirements
- Long Term Transfer Goals, Big Ideas, Essential Questions, Concepts and Competencies for all content areas
- Source for the Educator Effectiveness resources as well as a collection of videos and best practice strategies to meet needs of diverse learners
Materials and Resources
- Searchable, aligned classroom resources, learning progressions, lesson plans, and a Voluntary Model Curriculum
Safe and Supportive Schools
- An evidence-based framework for school and student safety, positive educational environment and engagement
SAS Registered Users
Registered SAS users can access SAS tools to communicate, create and store curricular content, and assess student performance.
Classroom Diagnostic Tools
- Assess students in core content areas (grades 6 -12)
- Create and share curriculum maps using the Pennsylvania Academic and Core Standards and Curriculum Frameworks
- Organize and store digital resources
Professional Development Center
- Complete online courses for Act 48 credit at no cost to Pennsylvania educators
- Access courses related to Pennsylvania’s Teacher Evaluation System
Professional Learning Communities
- Communicate and collaborate with peers through threaded discussions and forums
Publish Your Best
- Create lesson plans to submit for publication on SAS portal
- Create websites to enhance communications between home and school
Data is Loading...
Thank you for your patience. Not all features of the site are currently available.