Introduction to Poetry
3rd Grade, 4th Grade, 5th Grade, 6th Grade, 7th Grade, 8th Grade
- " Who enjoys these types of shows and/or books?"
- " What are the different ways that the people, detectives solve crimes?"
- "What do the detectives do at the crime scence?"
- "Why are there so many of these types of show on TV?"
- "What is so great about them?"
- "Are they every frustrating? What about when you to to wait for the end"
Students are then exposed to the relationship between solving a crime and reading a poem. Including the concept that reading poetry is more difficult than reading a book. Poetry has to be read more than once to understand it. Students are also given the Parts of a poem: A Poem has:
- A subject ( Main Idea)
- An audience ( Reader or Listener)
- Specifics ( Details, images, meaningful words)
- Word Choice
- Work, time and Effort put into it. <