Exploring Components of Nonfiction
In this unit, students will explore the components of nonfiction text. Students will:
- identify the ways that authors use text structures to convey meaning in nonfiction text.
- compare/contrast the elements of informational nonfiction.
- identify the elements of biographies and autobiographies.
- How do readers know what to believe in what they read, hear, and view?
- How do strategic readers create meaning from informational and literary text?
Related Unit and Lesson Plans
Related Materials & Resources
The possible inclusion of commercial websites below is not an implied endorsement of their products, which are not free, and are not required for this lesson plan.Materials haven't been entered into the unit plan.