Grade 03 ELA - EC: E03.C.1.1.1
Continuum of Activities
The list below represents a continuum of activities: resources categorized by Standard/Eligible Content that teachers may use to move students toward proficiency. Using LEA curriculum and available materials and resources, teachers can customize the activity statements/questions for classroom use.
This continuum of activities offers:
- Instructional activities designed to be integrated into planned lessons
- Questions/activities that grow in complexity
- Opportunities for differentiation for each student’s level of performance
- Which statement is an example of an opinion?
- Who will the audience of your writing be?
- What is the purpose of your writing?
- Use a graphic organizer to organize reasons that support your opinion.
- Create an opinion statement to use as an opening sentence in a writing.
- Choose a text structure that will best present the reasons that support your opinion.
- Students will demonstrate their understanding of an opinion by identifying one among a set of sentences.
- Students will identify who will be reading their writing.
- Students will discuss what they would like to accomplish through their writing.
- Students will use a graphic organizer to brainstorm reasons that support their opinion.
- Students will compose an opinion statement that will be the topic of the writing. It will state the students’ feelings or beliefs.
- Students will decide which text structure would best present their reasons that support the opinion. Examples would be cause/effect, problem/solution, or sequential order.