Grade 03 ELA - EC: E03.C.1.1.2
Continuum of Activities
The list below represents a continuum of activities: resources categorized by Standard/Eligible Content that teachers may use to move students toward proficiency. Using LEA curriculum and available materials and resources, teachers can customize the activity statements/questions for classroom use.
This continuum of activities offers:
- Instructional activities designed to be integrated into planned lessons
- Questions/activities that grow in complexity
- Opportunities for differentiation for each student’s level of performance
- Which detail best supports the opinion?
- Which opinion does the following detail support?
- From a brainstorm, choose the best three reasons that support your opinion.
- Rank the reasons that support your opinion from least important to most important.
- Create the body of a paragraph, organizing the reasons that support your opinion in an effective order.
- Apply an effective text structure in a draft of the body of the paragraph.
- Students will identify a sentence that best supports a given opinion.
- Students will choose an opinion that would be supported by a given detail.
- Students will consider all of the reasons on their brainstorm and choose the three that would most effectively support their opinion.
- Students will decide on the importance of each reason. They will rank their reasons from least important to most important.
- Students will write a draft of the body of the paragraph. They should organize their reasons according to their importance. They should either choose least important to most important or most important to least important.
- Students will use a chosen text structure to organize their paragraph. Some choices are cause/effect, sequence, or problem/solution.