Grade 03 ELA - EC: E03.D.1.2.6
Continuum of Activities
The list below represents a continuum of activities: resources categorized by Standard/Eligible Content that teachers may use to move students toward proficiency. Using LEA curriculum and available materials and resources, teachers can customize the activity statements/questions for classroom use.
This continuum of activities offers:
- Instructional activities designed to be integrated into planned lessons
- Questions/activities that grow in complexity
- Opportunities for differentiation for each student’s level of performance
- Write the words correctly as I say them aloud.
- What word part do the following words have in common?
- Examine the words on the list. Group words together that have a similar spelling pattern. Create categories and place the words in the appropriate category.
- Create a list of words that would make a word family. Write as many words with the following word part that you can.
- Spell the following word. Explain the process you went through to help know the correct spelling.
- Evaluate the following passage for misspelled words. Create a chart to list the misspelled words along with the correct spellings of these words.
- Students will write the dictated words.
- Students will identify the word part that makes up the spellings of all of the words in a particular group.
- Students will examine words to fine spelling patterns. They will create a word sort, naming categories based on the patterns they discovered. They will write words in the appropriate categories.
- Students will be given a word part, such as –ake. They will write as many words with that word part that they can.
- Students will spell the dictated word. They will then explain the steps they went through in spelling the word correctly. They should discuss the sounds and/or word parts they recognized and any rules they applied when spelling the word.
- Students will evaluate the passage for misspelled words. They will list the words on a chart they have created. They will then list the correct spellings on the chart.