Search using a saved search preference or by selecting one or more content areas and grade levels to view standards, related Eligible Content, assessments, and materials and resources.
Limit your search to no more than three grades, subjects, or courses, and ensure that you have selected at least one grade and subject or one course.
Science and Technology and Engineering Education
- Standard Area - 3.3: Earth and Space Sciences
- Organizing Category - 3.3.A: Earth Structure, Processes and Cycles
- Grade Level - 3.3.5.A:
- Understand how theories are developed.
- Identify questions that can be answered through scientific investigations and evaluate the appropriateness of questions.
- Design and conduct a scientific investigation and understand that current scientific knowledge guides scientific investigations.
- Describe relationships using inference and prediction.
- Use appropriate tools and technologies to gather, analyze, and interpret data and understand that it enhances accuracy and allows scientists to analyze and quantify results of investigations.
- Develop descriptions, explanations, and models using evidence and understand that these emphasize evidence, have logically consistent arguments, and are based on scientific principles, models, and theories.
- Analyze alternative explanations and understanding that science advances through legitimate skepticism.
- Use mathematics in all aspects of scientific inquiry.
- Understand that scientific investigations may result in new ideas for study, new methods, or procedures for an investigation or new technologies to improve data collection.
Assessment Anchor - S5.C.1 Structure, Properties, and Interaction of Matter and Energy
Anchor Descriptor - S5.C.1.1 Describe the observable physical properties of matter.
Anchor Descriptor - S5.C.1.2 Describe that matter can undergo chemical and physical changes.