Grade 03 ELA - EC: E03.C.1.1.3
Continuum of Activities
The list below represents a continuum of activities: resources categorized by Standard/Eligible Content that teachers may use to move students toward proficiency. Using LEA curriculum and available materials and resources, teachers can customize the activity statements/questions for classroom use.
This continuum of activities offers:
- Instructional activities designed to be integrated into planned lessons
- Questions/activities that grow in complexity
- Opportunities for differentiation for each student’s level of performance
- Which of the following words is a word used in a cause and effect statement?
- Which of the following words is an example of a time order word?
- What cause and effect words could be used to connect your opinion and evidence?
- What sequencing words could be used to connect your opinion and evidence?
- Use linking words in your paragraph to connect your opinion and your reasons.
- Use time order words to help establish when events happened.
- From a list of words, students should identify cause/effect words such as because, therefore, and since.
- From a list of words, students should identify time order words such as first, next, then, last, and finally.
- Students should list words that could be used to connect ideas throughout the writing. Examples are because, for instance, and in order to.
- Students should list words such as first, next, then, last, and finally that could be used to transition from one reason to another throughout the writing.
- Students should choose appropriate linking words that effectively connect their opinion and their reasons. These words should help the reader follow the writer’s thoughts.
- Students should use time order words to establish when events happened or to show the sequence of reasons. Words such as first, next, then, last, and finally help the writing flow.