Call for PA Environment & Ecology and Science & Technology Academic Standards Writing Committee Applications
Members of the this Content Committee will be tasked with reviewing current research, national and state trends and stakeholder data to make recommendations to the State Board of Education.
The Content Committee will be expected to participate in three two-day writing sessions in Harrisburg PA, from 9:00-4:30 PM each day*:
June 16-17, 2020
June 23-24, 2020
June 29-30, 2020
* If the sessions cannot be held in person, they will be conducted virtually during those dates. There will also be an expectation of participating in small teams in between meetings in a virtual meeting space.
Committee members shall demonstrate the following qualities:
- Depth and breadth of professional experience
- Expertise relevant to all the academic subjects under review
- Factors including professional experience and content expertise
Application (Due no later than April 20, 2020)
- Have the following documents prepared and readily available for upload during the application process:
- Letter of support from your organization
- Letter of recommendation
- Resume / CV
- Go to the Pennsylvania's Science and Technology and Environment and Ecology Standards Review Process web page.
- Prepare for the application process as it must be completed in one sitting; it is not possible to pause and save your work for later.
- Download a the PDF version of the application, Click HERE. Review and contemplate the questions; do not answer in haste.
- Open the ONLINE Application, complete, and submit.