POWER Library provides access to educational resources such as e-resources, e-books, primary source digitized materials, the statewide catalog of materials held in libraries throughout Pennsylvania, and access to a librarian 24/7 via Chat with a Librarian, as well as by text and email.
School librarians are annually trained in the POWER Library e-resources and how to teach them to students and staff. Contact your school librarian for help in accessing and integrating these vetted and educational resources in your school's curriculum.
POWER Library highlights:
- E-Resources: E-Resources (subscription databases of articles, news, photographs, videos, DIY, etc.) will be particularly useful in lesson plans and for research resources. Access POWER Library E-Resources !
- Kids and Teens Sites: Sites designed for kids and teens are available at POWER Kids and POWER Teens !
- 24/7 Help: 24/7 live chat help! Text a Librarian and Email a librarian is available too.
- Single Sign-On: Remote access to POWER Library is available via Single Sign-On. Contact your school librarian or HSLC for more information.
- Lesson Plans! The POWER Library OER Hub, created to support PA educators is populated with lesson plans created specifically for POWER Library application; they are ready to download and remix. Visit the POWER Library OER Lesson Plans Hub !
To learn more, access the POWER Library .
This project is made possible in part by Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and through the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Library Access funds administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Office of Commonwealth Libraries.
More About POWER Library