Apply for the 2021 Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence!
The Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence is open to any Pennsylvania business, farm, government agency, educational institution, non-profit organization and individual that has created, or participated in, the development of a project that promotes environmental stewardship in Pennsylvania.
Applications can be submitted to DEP from October 13, 2020, through December 21, 2020.
Examples of prior winners include:
- schools with energy efficiency programs, recycling programs, or environmental education programs;
- farms with superior land sustainability measures;
- municipalities with alternative fuel transportation systems or tree planting initiatives;
- with innovative stormwater management controls or optimized traffic lights;
- small and large businesses reducing waste or saving energy.
Project guidelines include types of eligible projects, evaluation criteria, and contact information.
Projects must be completed by October 13, 2020, to be eligible to apply. Questions from interested applicants should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact the DEP Policy Office at 717-783-8727.