April is Families and Reading Month!
The Keystone State Literacy Association (KSLA) has created resources to educators and families to promote literacy opportunities in the home during the month of April.
Educators are encouraged to promote April as Families and Reading Month by visiting the KSLA website to preview the resources for families. Note the following resources:
- A letter for teachers explaining the purpose of Families and Reading Month
- Ideas on how to promote literacy in the home
- An explanation of April as Families and Reading Month: recommended books, websites, and apps for preschool, primary, intermediate, and middle school students,
- Calendars full of engaging literacy ideas
- Certificates for families who participate
Feel free to share paper copies of the documents or post them electronically to your website or family communication platform.