Grade 07 ELA - EC: E07.C.1.2.2
Continuum of Activities
The list below represents a continuum of activities: resources categorized by Standard/Eligible Content that teachers may use to move students toward proficiency. Using LEA curriculum and available materials and resources, teachers can customize the activity statements/questions for classroom use.
This continuum of activities offers:
- Instructional activities designed to be integrated into planned lessons
- Questions/activities that grow in complexity
- Opportunities for differentiation for each student’s level of performance
English Language Arts
- List the possible facts, definitions, details, quotations, or other relevant information that would prove valuable to your informative/explanatory text.
- Determine which facts, definitions, details, quotations, or other relevant information would be most useful in your writing.
- Distinguish among relevant facts to determine if they are credible facts from reliable sources.
- Develop an informative/explanatory essay depending on purpose using a combination of relevant facts, definitions, concrete details, quotations, or other information and examples.
- Student list facts, definitions, details, quotations, or other relevant information that they have researched or discovered that have some bearing on their topic.
- Student determines which facts, definitions, details, quotations, or other relevant information from their list would be most effective to use in their informative/explanatory essay.
- Student evaluated relevant facts to ensure that the facts are credible from credible sources. Student recognizes that facts from less credible sources will undermine his/her essay. Student will seek out the most credible, relevant information in building their essay.
- Student demonstrates an ability to write an informative/explanatory essay based on topic and purpose. Students will utilize relevant facts, definitions, concrete details, quotations, or other information and examples to build a solid essay. Students will maintain a formal writing style throughout.